The Battlesteads Hotel is a multi award winning village eco hotel acts as a gateway to the Northumberland International Dark Sky Park. Whether you chose to stay in one of the luxury stargazing eco lodges or not, you’ll be dining in one of the country’s leading restaurants sampling local and regional cuisine personally sourced by Richard and Dee Slade. With 5 and 8 course taster meals available, and a vast array of organic wines, local gins, craft beers and real ales you’ll be well-fed and content as you stroll a few yards up to the Dark Sky Discovery Observatory.
The Observatory is a hands-on astronomy experience centre:
- highly skilled, friendly and personable astronomers who’ll show you the universe and help you feel confident finding things for yourself too.
- 3 powerful telescopes available (or bring your own if you want some top tips on how to use it.)
- 12 pairs of binoculars of all shapes and sizes – there’s something to suit everyone from beginner to expert & with a 2 minute tutorial you’ll be finding galaxies and nebulae in no time.
- resources, apps and downloads to get you started and help even the most novice of astro-newbies.
- the observatory warm room is packed with astronomical info and curiosities to keep you occupied whilst you warm up with free hot chocolate, tea, coffee or soups.
- The Battlesteads Hotel is surrounded by some of the finest livestock, game, fish, poultry, fruit and vegetables in the Country. Head Chef Eddie Shilton sources prime local ingredients to ensure freshness and flavour.
- We grow many of our own herbs, salads, mushrooms, vegetables and many different fruit varieties within our kitchen garden.
- Look out for dishes including oak smoked duck, chicken and salmon from nearby Bywell Smokery. Vegetarian choices are always available. Our cooking style is primarily modern British but always add some international choices for those with a more cosmopolitan palate.
Stargazing in Style Wherever You Are.
AstroVentures will come and set up telescopes wherever you are staying on your travels. Being able to bring big 12 inch telescopes to you means you can have your very own personal stargazing experience with an astronomer who’ll be able to show you 1-to-1 how to get the best from a night under the stars.
Stargazing in Style starts here – get in touch to find out more by filling in our contact form or messaging us on Facebook.